This is the trouble shoot doc for debugging on push notifications are not working via AndroApp wordpress plugin.
- Did you create Firebase Project Number and entered correct number in WordPress Dashboard? it should look like this 447538456741
- Did you enter the correct Google/Firebase API Keys(associated with the project number) and entered in WordPress dashboard? double check step 13 here https://androapp.mobi/blog/setup-firebase-cloud-messaging/182
- Did you enter Firebase App ID? ex. 1:447538456741:android:2efde8542de19a66
- Did you enter the correct package name while creating your firebase project (step 6 ), please enter the package name you see in the email from us, ex. package name: mobi.androapp.bwerbvo.c9601
- Did you try SelfPush feature from AndroApp->Push Notifications tab? Try by checking Send Immediate checkbox and share the logs with us.
- Did you try sending push notification by enabling/disabling Bulk Send feature?
- Did you wait for 30 minutes after installing the app?
- Did you check the status table in AndroApp->Push notifications tab? there are 2 tables Push Notifications in Queue & Push Notifications Statistics, if you don’t select Send Immediate checkbox (Also when you publish a new post), you should see your notifications in Push Notifications in Queue table. Which are tried after 15 minutes when your cron runs.
- Do you see this in the Androapp->Push Notifications tab?
We will suggest to try all above and if you still have issues in sending push notifications, please drop us an email with following details
- Your website link & apk link which you tested
- Firebase project number, App ID & the key (we need this to test)
- Logs for the trial of Send Immediate
- Screenshot of both push notification table (it should have both entries with/without Bulk Send enabled)
- Does it work when using Send Immediate but not if you don’t select or it does not work in both the cases?