- Login to https://developer.apple.com/account
- go to App IDs from left sidebar
- Click on + icon on top right
- Enter the App Name for your reference
- Select Expicit App ID and enter you package name which you must have received for android app in the mails from us. ex. mobi.androapp.mysite (replace androapp in package name by app, ex. if your Android package name is mobi.androapp.xyz, enter mobi.app.xyz here)
- Select push notifications from App Services
- Click Continue
- Click Register on the next screen
- And Done in the next one
What is AndroApp Plugin
it is a wordpress plugin, to create an Android and IPhone App – without any programming language.
How to install?
you can install it on any wordpress website by following these simple steps
- Login to your wordpress dashboard and Plugins->Add New from the left sidebar
- Search for AndroApp and click on Install Now button
- Click on Activate Plugin link in the next screen
- AndroApp plugin is installed on your site, now you can click on Settings link to configure it OR click AndroApp in the left sidebar on your wordress dashboard
If you have not created a project for android app on firebase, follow this link to create one and than come back here.
- Go to https://console.firebase.google.com
- click on the existing project where you want to add the IOS app
- click on Add another App link
- select IOS
- enter your package name(you must have got this in email from us) in bundle id field and give a name for your reference eg. XYZ IOS App in App nickname, leave app store id field blank. (replace androapp in package name by app, ex. if your Android package name is mobi.androapp.xyz, enter mobi.app.xyz here)
- Click on Download GoogleService-Info.plist file and click on continue button
- Again click on Continue in the next screen
- And click on Finish in next screen (both 7 and 8 are done by us for you :))
- Open GoogleService-Info.plist file and copy GOOGLE_APP_ID field value, it will look something like this 1:934357332944:ios:8cdf192452ea68f9
- paste this in the Google App Id for IOS in AndroApp->Account Settings tab.
You need to upload 2-3 screenshots and feature graphics in google play developer console and apple developer console.
These screenshots plays important role in your app listing, this is the first thing which gets users attention when he visits play store, or anywhere else, higher the attention, higher the chances of app install.
recently, we visited one of our client clintonfitch.com’s play store link and found their screenshots very attractive
here is the one from his playstore listing
you can checkout more screenshots @ https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.androapp.clintonfitch.c2214
So, we connected with him and requested to share the secret behind these nice looking images, and we are glad he shared the secret to these amazing screenshots with us.
He used an Android App Screener.
here is the Screener introduction demo:
its actually very simple to use, we are giving out the brief steps to use it
- install the screener app from play store
- download any one device’s frame
- Once downloaded, click on the frame and you will see a + button in middle of the screen, click this button to select the image of your choice from your phone.
- You can change the background color, add shadow, add background image etc.
- once you are satisfied you can click on export icon on top right to save the image
- and you have your nice looking screenshot ready.
there are various other features in screener app, which we are sure you will explore.
So, go ahead and update your app screenshots now.
We rolled out a big release(8.0.0) with lots of feature on 23rd April, below are the release notes for your reference
- Added support for AppNext Banner Ads
- More control to ads, you can decide to show particular ads to show only on selected screens
- Moving comments icon from menu to right bottom as floating button which hides/shows on screen movement.
- Added Facebook comments support
- listview ad to work as middle ad on post screen
- few fixes for woocommerce app
- Few more bug fixes
We did 2 big changes for comments in this release (i.e. 3rd and 4th)
Moved Comments icon from Action Bar to right bottom of the screen as a floating action bar
which become transparent and ultimately disappears as you scroll the page.
Added support for facebook comments
You need to go to AndroApp->Configure and change comments provider to facebook, and uncheck the show comments count unless you want to show wordpress comments count
On clicking the floating comments icon in the app, user will be taken to comments screen where facebook comments will be loaded as below
So, update your WordPress AndroApp plugin now and try it out. let us know the feedback on the same.
We will tell you more about other changes related to ads in our next update, stay tuned.
We recently released a new feature to save posts for later read in android app version 7.0.0.
What is this feature?
We received request from lot of our clients to provide an option to Save Post for offline reading.
This comes handy for your app users, who wants to save a post for later read, like a recipe or a long article. This can actually work like a Favorites too.
How to use Offline Save?
First of all update the AndroApp plugin, create a new apk, you will receive the new apk link, install this apk on your phone.
Now, when you visit a post, you will see three vertical dotted lines, click on that a new menu will pop with Save Offline option like below.
Select the Save Offline option and your post is saved for offline read.
Now, How to see the Offline post you just saved?
You should be able to see a new option “Saved Posts” in the main menu, this is added on top OR just after the Home menu option. clicking on that will show the list of saved posts.
Internationalization and texts
What if you do not like the default text we used, for example you are having a puzzles website and you might want to show Saves Puzzles instead of Saved Posts ?
OR English is not the default language for your site/app.
You can change the texts from Androapp->Internationalization tab.
Bonus Tip: You can change the texts to Add to Favorites, Remove from Favorites, Favorite Posts and this feature will work like a Favorites feature.
This feature will work only for the posts with post content as pre processed or post processed.
Also, few images and scripts might not load depending on the space available on the phone.
Did you try the new Androapp release for wordpress mobile app plugin yet ?
We recently released an interesting feature called parallax effect in 6.0.9 release.
What is Parallax Effect ?
it is the effect when background image moves at a different speed than the rest of the content. read more about parallax effect here.
here is the demo for one of the app
try it out live by installing it from play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.androapp.storytal.c2123
How to get this feature on your app?
If you use featured images for your posts than you can install AndroApp WordPress plugin and create Android App for your wordpress blog in minutes.
If you are already using the plugin, update the wordpress plugin, create new apk, test your apk on your phone and publish this apk to google play store from developer console.
Just in case, You can enable/disable parallax effect for your mobile app from AndroApp->Configure page
If your push notification is setup with Google Cloud messaging and its working, than for the new androapp apk (version 6.0.4 onwards) you have to migrate your existing GCM app to firebase, so that your existing customers remains intact.
Follow these steps to migrate
Google recently moved most of its services(like analytics, cloud messaging etc.) to firebase platform, they say firebase has more functionality and performance. so going forward they will support only firebase applications.
So we at Androapp are also migrating to firebase for push notifications.
If you had setup google cloud messaging earlier for your app, than you have to migrate your existing project to firebase, click here for the instruction on how to migrate.
Continue here for setting up a fresh firebase project for push notifications.
- Go to https://console.firebase.google.com
- Click on Create New Project button
- Fill up the name and select the region, click on Create Project button
- Click on Add Firebase to your android app
- Give the package name, you can get this value in your first email from androapp
- Leave the signing certificate SHA-1 field empty and click on Add App
- At this moment, your browser must have downloaded a file with name google-services.json
- open that file, it will look like this
- Copy the project number from the file to Google Project Number field in AndroApp Account Settings Tab. it will be a number like this: 934357342944
- Copy the mobilesdk_app_id value from the file to Google App id textbox in Account Settings Tab. it will look like this: 1:370901340170:android:ce70542cdae49cac
- Click on Continue and Finish in next screens.
- go to the mobile app you just created and click on the 3 dot menu and select Manage option
- Go to cloud messaging tab and copy the Server key(not the legacy server key) to Google Api Key textbox in AndroApp Account Settings tab.(this is different from what you see in google-services.json, you have to enter the server key from this screen to google api key textbox in AndroApp Settings page and not from google-services.json file)
- You are done !!
Today we added Deep linking support in our AndroApp wordpress plugin.
What is Deep Linking ?
Its an intelligent link which can dynamically decide where to open the link? If end user has your app in his mobile than the same link can be opened directly in the app. Click here to read more about deep linking.
Why should you use deep linking?
It results in more visits to your app, which is faster than the normal web browser and gives a more customized options to your user.
How do i enable deep linking in Androapp ?
Update the AndroApp plugin to 6.00 or later, Go to Look & Feel section and scroll to Deep Linking Section.
By default we have put “/” in the textarea, which means all of your links will be opened via app. However if you want you can selectively choose what links to be opened, enter path prefixes in one per line.
After you are done with pathprefix settings, click on generate build button, you will get a new apk link on your mail.
Deep linking will work when you click on your link on some existing web page, it will not be attempted when you directly enter your site address on web browser manually.
Once you are done with testing deep linking, publish the new apk on google play developer console.